What can I say, Google now shows your search results as you type, and here's a preview.
Go to www.google.com/instant to turn on for yourself.
I've been pondering the impact that this will have for our clients. What should you do?
- Run a quick check to make sure your name doesn't start with an obscenity
- Keep an eye on your traffic from search in Google Analytics
- Keep an eye on your search term exposure in Webmaster Tools
- Oh and see below for my final recommendation!!
- Finally, ignore those search engine optimisation companies whom I confidently predict will be selling the service "to optimise for competitor searches, by having your company show for a search that appears on the way to your competitor's name". You know the ones I mean, the ones I hate because they try to tempt you to try all those gimmicky techniques instead of good solid content- and functionality-based techniques, then you ask me about them and I explain that taking 10 minutes a day to sort out your page titles would serve you better. :-)