The online hub for amateur golf's governing body
We engaged in a full rebranding exercise on two occasions with England Golf, the second of which involved providing a brand to bring together the amateur bodies for both men’s (EGU) and women’s (EWGA) golf.
Concepts and brand development
Initial design concepts worked with the existing visuals of both organisations, bearing in mind the issue of brand equity of both organisations, but also suggested new themes to bring them together.
The final approved solution was a merger of aspects of both traditions, keeping the English rose to retain brand continuity for both bodies but with a more streamlined contemporary slant.
A full detailed brand manual was produced, covering logo formats, typography, colour palette, image styling, print and page composition, and broader brand direction.
Digital application of the brand
The brand cascaded across a range of media to support multiple amateur golf initiatives:
- Various digital systems:
- The main England Golf website
- A national online resource to support the Golfmark program, (Golf’s equivalent of Clubmark).
- England Golf Clubhouse portal,
- Central Database of handicaps
- The Membership benefits program website
England Golf's Membership initiatives Scheme
Print and offline examples
- A broad range of print communications:
- Stationery, brochures, promotional mail
- Exhibition graphics
- Vehicle livery, signage and office graphics
- Development of multiple subsidiary England Golf brands:
- England Golf captains;
- National amateur competitions
- England Golf Trust,
- England Golf Partnerships.
A great team, willing to listen, willing to offer advice and always there to provide support when needed... they went the extra mile (or two or three) to ensure everything was as it should be.Lynne Fraser, Marketing and PR Manager, The English Golf Union
Development centre & meetings
Suite 17, Newton House
Northampton Science Park
6 Hartham Lane,
Hertfordshire, SG14 1QN