Unlocking Opportunities E-Learning Project
In partnership with EHRC and Liverpool JMU
Each school is under a legal duty to make reasonable adjustments for disabled learners within its teaching curriculum.
But how do schools and teachers work out what is reasonable in the way they change their teaching?
We have adapted our well-received elearning system in order to deliver this project:
- The Equality and Human Rights Commission funding the project
- Liverpool John Moores University authoring content
- And Nemisys providing the technology
Those of you who know us well will know that web accessibility is close to our hearts, so to use our accessible elearning system to make classroom teaching more accessible makes this a perfect project for us!
The project in a nutshell:
- Brand and design - to fit within EHRC's existing identity
- 25000+ schools registered, allowing them to manage their own teachers learning and performance
- Teachers take online learning and those who want to can follow it up with a timed test, all automatically marked via multiple choice
- Minimising administrative resource to run the system
- EHRC author more modules and the system grows over time to cover more aspects of the curriculum and schools activities
We hope in time that all teachers will use our elearning system to help them work out what makes a reasonable adjustment.