We've broken down our design and development process into easy to follow stages. You can also download our process info-graphic here:
• Identify organisational goals of site: Information to be disseminated, and required user actions
• Identify types of user and their particular objectives in visiting the site (information and action)
• Peer review - Style and functionality of peer organisations and systems
Adjust based on peer and internal review if required. Feedback on any potential digital issues
Technical research & consultation
• Identify technical specifics about the system in respect of its functional aspects including integrations
• Requirements Capture
Site development workshop
UI/UX exercises with User/Stakeholders to draw out key functions, site structure and preferred user journeys to action/information
Using data from workshops, draw up wireframes showing key functions, page types and page behaviours to serve core user journeys.
Sitemap & templates
Identify comprehensive sitemap and full set of page types (templates) to be designed and built to serve the site structure.
• Data mapping/analysis
• Map system architecture
• Produce technical spec.
Full wireframe set
Produce full annotated template set in wireframe (desktop breakpoint) showing core functionality, navigation, content distribution and page relationships.
Graphic styling of key pages
Apply visual brand to home and other representative pages(desktop breakpoint).
Address colour, typography, pictorial and compositional elements.
Full design set
Apply approved styling to full template set.
Apply approved styling to agreed responsive breakpoints (Usually large desktop, desktop/laptop, tablet, and mobile).
Hand over design assets to Development Team.
• HTML production
• System administration
• Back end development
• Front end development
• Data migration if relevant
• Browser and device testing.
• Accessibility testing to agreed standards.
• Back office - CMS: data transfer, integrations and reporting functionality
• Visitor facing: browsing of content, complex functionality
Infrastructure & General Testing
• User acceptance testing
• Load Testing
• Security Testing